Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Agricultural Area - ECHO

http://www.houseplantsforyou.com/how-to-grow-an-indoor-herb-garden/
      Visiting ECHO agricultural area seemed like it would be my favorite of all the field trips that we went on, but unfortunately we missed out on more than half of the information and tour due to inclement weather.  I loved the fact that the purpose of this organization was to help provide and tech how to grow food to the less fortunate. 
      I live on the east coast of Florida with my parents, where I do help with the gardening.  Since orange trees are so productive in this state I planted my own orange tree, because I love being able to go out and pick oranges with my mom that we can then squeeze into orange juice.  We recently planted an apple tree that has not produced any fruit yet, but I look forward to getting to eat the apples from it.  My mom also has an herb garden, which is great to have fresh whenever we are cooking.  Unlike people in other countries I do not believe I am a good enough gardener to be fully self sufficient on my own farm. 
      Even though it is not native to this area I loved seeing bamboo trees at the park.  We also got to see a pink lemonade tree, which was my favorite.  I love pink lemonade so I wish I could have bought the plant.  On the tree it even had pretty white flowers, which was unusual.  At the end of the trip I bought star fruit that they had grown, which I have never tried before, but I enjoy eating now.  
http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1214

No comments:

Post a Comment