Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Calculate your Ecological Footprint

Calculate your Ecological Footprint:
    My results for the ecological footprint quiz were that if everyone lived like me we would take up 2.8 planet earths.  Though my score could be a lot worse this quiz shows me that I need to try to conserve more resources.  One of the main reasons why my score is that high is, because we depend on our cars too much.  Living in Florida it is so hot and everything is so far away so we use our cars, because it is convenient.  One change that I can make that would not be that hard is to cut down on my garbage.  I can try to use fewer resources and recycle more.  I was surprised that I would take up this many planet earths if everyone lived like me. 


My consumption: 
•    Energy use= I used energy today by using my cell phone charger, using the lights in my bedroom and bathroom, used kitchen appliances such as refrigerator and dish washer.
•    Fuel usage= I drove to church, which is less than 5 minutes, but it is a low gas usage car.
•    Food Intake= I ate a grilled chicken sandwich, yogurt, lime shrimp and rice.
•    Water use= I refilled a water bottle, took a shower, three glass of water, and the water required for the dishwasher.
•    Packaging= For packaging I used the bag my sandwich came in, the paper cup for my drink, rice box and he bag the shrimp I made for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment